"Let's hold onto Hope....."

Running Away Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Archie’s POV….

 

Good thing I kept in touch with them or else I won't find them here. After the news of them marrying in Prague, and also revealing Taeyeon’s sickness to the world. I immediately went to find them. Unfortunately they were gone when I went there.

I texted, called and even email them but they didn't answer. Good thing is, they call me first and give their location. The two were in a pension house in Germany.

From there I brought them back with me to England to meet my father. While in the car I can't help to tell them what happen in their country.

“You two caused more problem than you intended to do” I said to them.

“Is it good or bad?” Jiyong asked.

“Both.” I answered. “Your agency have been in hot waters as per what I heard, your current CEO have been imprison for estafa, falsification of documents and many more suit that would put him into jail for a couple of years. But the worst part… The scandal you two created. You two literally flip your country. People are wondering where the two of you are.”

The two were silent at what I say. “Taeyeon your parents….. They are worried sick. Even your group mates. They are even asked some of their fans to help them.”

“I know.” Taeyeon answer. “But having me there will only make the whole situation worse.”

“Are you still experiencing some headaches?” I ask her.

“Just a few time's..” She answer. “It come and go.”

“Hey Jiyong…. Congratulations..” I said to the two of them.

“Thanks…” They said to me.

The whole drive was long so I let the two sleep for awhile. I remembered how these two sleep when we were touring the US. The two look peaceful especially Taeyeon. It was about midnight when we arrive at my fathers mansion.

I wake them up and we all enter the house. It was almost midnight when we arrive so after a quick dinner I let the maids accompany them to their room. As they went up the stairs they saw a painting hanged at the center.

“Arch who painted this?” Taeyeon ask me.

“My mom painted it. “Little Angel” that was the title of that piece.” I answer.

“Oh…. It’s beautiful..” She said as she walk to their room.

That painting, it was a painting of a little girl at vast flower field near a cliff holding a flower but the little girl was looking at the horizon. My mom was not that good of a painter but she paint that at her utmost care. I don't know why she painted it but she said it was an honor for that little girl that save her. 

Tired because of the trip, I went to the masters bedroom to report to my dad. 

“Pops they have arrive.” I said to him.

“I know. I saw them.” He said to me.

Me and my dad doesn't have any good relationship with each other. Maybe because I rebel too much, not unlike my sister.

“Hey have you find him? Dr. Faust, you find him right?” I ask him.

“He will be coming tomorrow. I already given him the medical reports of the girl. Let just hope that we could here good news from him.” He said to me.

“Pops, I have been thinking.. Why do you want to help Taeyeon? I know that she is dying and all but since day one you ask me to protect her. So why?” I ask him.

“You will learn tomorrow.” He answer. “Don’t worry yourself to much.”

He ushered me to go out and so I did. I went to my bed to sleep.

 

Taeyeon’s POV….

 

The morning light shine upon my face and it welcomes me for a new day. As I open my eyes, Jiyong’s smiling face greeted me. He then kiss me on the lips and said “get up you need to drink your medicine.”

“5 more minutes…” I whined. As I cover myself with the blanket.

“Get up or I will carry you downstairs..” He said to me.

I just pull myself up, and he playfully push me to the bathroom for me to freshen up. Once finish me and Jiyong went down. That is when I scan the whole place.

It was amazing. The way the stairs handrail was carve, it looks like what you see in any Disney princess movie. My eyes then saw a picture next to the painting I saw when we first get here. It was a picture of a woman. A very beautiful woman, and in some way I felt I know her.

“Hey do you know her?” Jiyong ask me.

“I don't know but she seems familiar..” I said.

“Her name is Amelia Angie Cross..” A man suddenly said to us. “She is a bright woman. Strong, beautiful, and above all my wife.”

That is when we saw who it is. We were shock to see the old man who help us back in the Philippines standing in front of us.

“Hello kids, it turns out you two are lying to me..” He said to us smiling.

“Sir what are you doing here?” Jiyong ask. That is when Archie appear.

“Hey Dad breakfast is ready….” But his sentence stop as he see the three of us.

“Archie-shi, you know him?” I ask.

“Yeah I know him. He’s the one who order me to protect you.” He said to me. “I don't know why though”

“Well let's talk it out while eating breakfast shall we.” Archie’s dad told us.

We all then went down and a grant breakfast welcome us. Most it were European foods but I was shock to see some Korean food too.

“I hope it is in your liking. Our chef have cook it, so you won't feel homesick.” He said.

We taste one of the foods and it really brought us home. Glad we miss this, in these 5 months we travel, we ate what was common to the place. Though we like it, but still nothing beat food from your home.

We fill ourselves with the food, and Archie’s dad just look at us with amusement.

“I already get used to it. But still you two really miss your home.” Archie said.

“Yeah we miss it but we can't go home for now.” Jiyong said to him. He then turn his attention to Archie’s dad “Sir your son said you wanted to protect Taeyeon. Why?” He ask him.

“Mr. Kwon, its simple. Because of a wish.” He answered.

“A wish?” I said.

“My wife have the same situation like yours. You remember Archie when we sent you to boarding school." he said and Archie nodded. "She has cancer and the doctor back then give her a few months to live. By the time we knew, she was gone. My wife was a risk taker, and also a hard headed girl."

"She seem's like Taeyeon..." Jiyong commented, earning him as smack from me.

"Yup like you... She also done the same way and, run away from all of this." He said "I send people to find her but I couldn't find her. It was already a year and I thought that she already died but, she came back. I then sent her to the doctor and like a miracle the cancer was gone. I ask her where she went but the only thing she said she talk to an angel, in South Korea. She told me she went to various places and one of the places she went was Jeonju, South Korea. That painting.." He said to me. "...that little angel was you.... My wife said when she met you there that she was prepared to take her life, but you appear I think you were just six years old back then."

Then memories came flashing to me, as I remember that day. The woman whose smile was like a radiant sun.

Flashback:

Angie Cross pov...

 

I was alone, no I decided to be alone. I discarded my family and went on this journey, but it look's like the end. My arm's have give up from the strain of the cancer, and it looks like I was too. The pain was unbearable that I wanted it to stop. 

"So this is the end of my journey huh?" I said to myself. I was standing near a cliff and there were no people near me. I felt lonely, but that was fine.

I am a devoted Christian but sometimes I felt to end my life, and this time my body seems to agree. I close my eyes and walk towards the cliff. My heart race as I take every step. I was prepared, but i felt something hold my hand, tiny little hands, and that brought me to reality.

As I open my eyes, I saw this little girl, holding a bunch of flowers in her hand. I look around and I haven't even moved from my spot. Was am I dreaming? Didn't my feet walk just now? I was thinking of everything that happen a while ago, but all of it was hinder when the little girl pull my hand and hand me over the flowers she pick up.

Then, we heard someone calling someone. "Kim Taeyeon!!" they shouted. That is when the girl ran off and headed to the people who called. I saw her happily running towards her family. 

That moment the pain stop, and I my knees buckle and I just sat down. As I gather my thoughts, what I might have done will be a sin against god. Then I remember the girl who stop me. "Maybe god sent her to stop me.." I said.

I then gather up my stuff and then went to the doctor for my monthly check up, but I was surprised that the cancer was gone. I then went to another doctor to double check and they all said that it was gone. At the first time in my life I believe in a miracle.

 

End Of flashback.

 

Taeyeon's pov... 

 

I can't help but to cry as I remember it. The reason I approach that woman was because of a simple reason that she was beautiful, and I thought she was sad. I thought by giving her the flowers I have pick was enough to make her happy. I didn't know that I have done was save her life.

"After she came back, she devoted her life on doing charity. She even put up a hospital, in South Korea, though she let someone manage the hospital now, but we still own it." he continued the story. ".... She always said that she would help that little girl, that save her. But as time passes because of her volunteer work she forgot about it, until recently when she died, in her last will of testament that as her final wish that we should do everything we can to help her, if she is in need. No matter how hard it is."

"Is that why, you make me follow them?" Archie ask.

"Yup... She said that you won't have any inheritance if you fail though.." Mr. Cross said to him. "But, now I know you will make your Mom proud, son."

"So Ms. Angie, was the one who wanted to help me. " I concluded. "Thank you... but what I have done was just out of pure innocence when I was child, but still thank you." I thanked him for what he have done to me and Jiyong.

"Ms. Kim, my help doesn't end there.." He said to me. I was about to say something when the maid interrupt us.

"Sir, Mr. Faust is at the living room now." the maid said.

"Great! Ms Kim, Mr. Kwon follow me please I wanted you to meet this person." He then guided us to the living room, and we saw a man on his late 40's sitting at the chair.

"Mr. Kwon, Ms. Kim this is Dr. Faust, he have agreed to do the surgery." Mr. Cross said to us. But like Jiyong, I hesitated at first to achieve the offer.

"What's wrong?" Archie ask us. "You should be happy to hear that the surgery could push through."

"We are happy....but Taeyeon is already in her fifth month and, the DR. Chen told us that pass that, the surgery is not an option." Jiyong answer him.

"Chen was right... Like Hawkin's and Smith... they are right at diagnosing her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter