Chapter One

Revenant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

Something to Offer 

 

 

With a solemn expression, Kang Seulgi slowly traversed the same path she hasn't set foot for over two decades. The grass in the area has grown over three feet and with every step takes, her heart began to constrict under her chest. And when those two mounds of brown earth appeared in front of her sight, she felt that familiar sting all over again like it just happened just a couple of moments ago. Seulgi quietly kneeled in the middle of the mounds and gently reached out her hand to the slope of this solemn ground.

She lets out a sad sigh as she carefully cleans the tomb stones. Kang Seungho, Park Sunhee, she quietly read the name of her parents. She took a deep breath and hold on the last thread of her emotions. 

"Hi Umma... Hi Appa... it's me your Seulgi..."
She continued cleaning the memorial mounds as she softly whisper to her parents.

"I'm sorry it took me this long to visit you again."

She took a deep breath once more.

"Forgive me for not having the courage to see you... I couldn't come here without having nothing to offer..." 

Seulgi lets out a deep sigh and gazed above the sky.

" They now have the full control over everything we have, Umma, Appa... everything the two of worked hard for..."

She turned her eyes back to parents graves once again before taking a deep steady breath. Her eyes shifted to a more determined gaze. Steel hard, cold and empty.

"But that won't be for long. Because I, Kang Seulgi will take everything back. And I will give justice to your name. I promise you both and I will not stop until they cry bloody tears and crawl begging for mercy."

Seulgi reached out to her mother's grave. Slowly tracing her name.

"I love you, Umma."

Her voice cracked and she felt her hands shakes.

"And I missed you so so much..."

She turned to her father's grave next and tried to even her breathing.

"Appa... I will make them pay for everything they have done to you, and to Umma. I will not include my own hatered toward them. My vengeance for what they have done to the both of you will be enough to ruin them."

Tears finally escaped her eyes and freely flows down her face. Drops by tiny drops it falls on the dry brown earth where her mother and father lies.

Seulgi cried and cried, like the 10 year old child she used to be, cried like she used to on the day she buried the two person she loves the most. She cried out all the tears she's been keeping bottled up deep inside of her for the past 20 years while she way away. She cried simply because it still hurts even if she tries to hide her feelings to everyone around her.


---------


Seulgi absentmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter