CHAPTER 39

I MADE THE HEROINE FALL FOR ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aunt Carol, where's Serena?" Charlie inquired as she entered the room.

"She's in her room, Miss," Aunt Carol replied.

"Okay, Aunt Carol," Charlie acknowledged before making her way to Serena's room.

Filled with excitement to share the news she had received, Charlie forgot to knock before entering.

As Charlie entered the room, her gaze immediately sought out Serena, her heart racing with anticipation. Serena stood by the dresser, her figure illuminated by the soft glow of the room's lighting. The sight took Charlie's breath away-Serena, draped in nothing but a towel, her slender form glistening with droplets of water from her recent shower.

"C-Charlie..." Serena's voice broke through Charlie's reverie, her tone casual and inviting as she continued to dress.

"I-'m sorry.. I d-didn't know you were.." Charlie's words stumbled out in a rush, her cheeks burning with embarrassment.

But Serena simply smiled, her expression serene and unfazed by the intrusion.

 "It's okay... I'm just changing," she reassured, her voice gentle and comforting.

Charlie's blush deepened at the realization of her unintentional intrusion, her gaze inadvertently lingering on Serena's captivating figure. The way the towel clung to Serena's curves accentuated her every contour, leaving Charlie feeling both captivated and flustered.

"H-how can you say that so casually?!" she exclaimed, feeling her blush deepen at the sight before her.

Serena's laughter filled the room, a melodic sound that washed over Charlie like a soothing balm. 

"It's okay if it's you... You can look at my body anytime," she teased, her words laced with playful affection as she moved closer to Charlie.

Caught in Serena's magnetic presence, Charlie felt her pulse quicken as Serena leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her cheek. 

Charlie wrapped her arms around Serena's waist.

"I really like you so much." Charlie said and kissed Serena on the lips.

"Now, who likes kissing who again?" Serena teased Charlie.

"Can't help it..." Charlie pouted.

Serena chuckles.

"So why are you looking for me?" Serena said as she put her hands of Charlie's neck.

"Hmmm... I think that can wait... Come here.." Charlie carried Serena in a bridal style and gently put her to bed.

"W-what are you thinking?" Serena blushed.

"Hmmmm....  I want to play with my girlfriend..." Charlie smirked.

Charlie kissed Serena tenderly, her kisses went to Serena's jaw, neck and collarbones.

"C-charlie... Mmhhmm..." Serena moaned.

"You like it?" Charlie smirked then she helped Serena sit up.

Serena frowned.

"Are you teasing me?" Serena said.

"Not really... I just wanna do that... I can barely control myself..." Charlie chuckles.

Serena smirked as she pushed Charlie down the bed.

"Then let me do it to you too." Serena said.

She kissed Charlie lips, aggressively and soft biting Charlie's lower lips.

"A-ahhh.." Charlie moeaned.

Then Serena went to kiss Charlie's neck but the scent of Charlie's pheromones which is toasted marshmallow and woods overwhelmed her and so she, she can't help but put a hickey on near Charlie's glands..

"Mhmhhmm.. serena w-what.. hhmmhhmm.." Charlie moaned again.

Then after putting the hickey, Serena looked at it and smiled in satisfaction.

"I marked you for now..." Serena whispered to Charlie before gently biting Charlie's ears.

Charlie blushed.

"Y-you..."  Charlie chuckles and pull Serena down her.

"You really know how to make me completely crazy over you..." Charlie said.

"It better stay that way." Serena playfully said as she lay down beside Charlie.

"um." Charlie replied smiling.

"So, really, why are you looking for me?" Serena asked.

Charlie took out a velvet box from her pocket and then gave it to Serena.

Serena's eyes widened in astonishment as she delicately lifted the lid of the velvet box. Inside rested a breathtaking diamond-encrusted ring, its brilliant centerpiece catching the light and sparkling with every movement.

"C-charlie this is...?" Serena said.

"It's a promise ring... We're still young, but I want to give you this ring as a promise that, it's you and me forever..." Charlie said smiling.

Serena hugged Charlie...

"Will you put on for me?" Serena said.

"Of course..." Charlie smiled as she took the ring and place it perfectly on Serena's finger.

"It''s beautiful... I like it a lot." Serena smiled.

Charlie looked at their matching rose quartz bracelet and the emerald cut diamoind ring on Serena's finger.

She smiled.

"Don't you think we look like a real couple now?" Charlie chuckled.

Serena frowned and playfully smack Charlie's shoulder.

"Hey we are a real couple!" Serena said.

"Of course, of course... I'm just saying we look like one of those adult couples..." Charlie laughed.

"We do?" Serena replied.

"Yes and I can't wait for us to be adults... I want to marry you for real." Charlie said.

Serena smiled and gave Charlie a peck on the lips.

As they strolled along, the crisp winter air brushed against their cheeks, infusing their surroundings with a sense of tranquility. The path they walked upon was familiar, yet somehow different when experienced on foot rather than through the window of a car.

"Don't you think walking to school during winter is the best?" Charlie's voice was filled with genuine delight as she glanced around, taking in the serene beauty of their surroundings.

"The breeze is cool..." Serena's response was accompanied by a soft smile, her eyes reflecting the peaceful atmosphere that surrounded them.

"We always passed by this bridge during our car rides, but I never really got a closer look at it, it's beautiful..." Charlie remarked, her gaze lingering on the elegant structure that spanned the glistening waters below.

"It is, and look at the lake... A few weeks from now, it will be frozen," Serena observed, her eyes following Charlie's gaze to the tranquil expanse of water that lay before them.

"Yes, how time flies..." Charlie's voice held a hint of nostalgia as she reflected on the passage of time.

"It feels like just yesterday when I arrived here, it was still summer, a lot of things happened in fall, some were good and some were bad, but those experiences shaped us and brought us to where we are now... Now, as winter descends upon us, I hope it brings us more joy," 

"Indeed... Especially when you're happy," Serena replied softly, her gaze drifting to Charlie with a tender expression. In that moment, amidst the wintry landscape and the quiet beauty of their surroundings, they shared a silent understanding of the preciousness of their time together.

As they strolled through the halls of Hastings, Charlie and Serena encountered Aunt Stephanie, whose playful smirk hinted at mischief.

"Hey there, ladies, follow me to the headmaster's office," Aunt Stephanie beckoned, prompting Charlie and Serena to comply.

"So, the biology exam is out now, Miss Vanderbilt, do you think you got an A or B?" Aunt Stephanie quizzed with a smirk.

Charlie pondered for a moment before tentatively responding, "Hmm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter