Chapter 19

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Image result for cafeteria yonsei university

"He has grown old hasn't he?" Chanyeol's dad broke the silence first.

"By a year." Chanyeol answered humorously. But the chairman didn't laugh. He wasn't surprised his dad knows he still visits Seongsu Kim even though he told him not to anymore. The two were best friends after all. "He's just as old as you."

"It sounds like you two had a great time. I should have come with you."

"Yeah, It was fun."

"What about his daughter?"

Chanyeol paused and pursed his lips, reluctant to say anything. He took the wine glass to his nose and inhaled the fragrant of the well fermented vine fruit before exhaling a big sigh.

"Jisoo never showed up." Chanyeol finally answered. His dad smiled bitterly. "Although... there was a peculiar character that came with me."

His attention caught by this interesting reveal, Chairman Park turned around to look at his son. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"A smiling fairy came to visit uncle on his birthday."

--

It's unsure how it has come to this but apparently their little group regularly congregate in the cafeteria on the same table now. Seulgi could see them immediately from the entrance. First is Lisa. As usual, the Thai princess looks blissfully happy. Maybe it's because she barely understands anything but she's always just smiling and nodding, it's cute. Second is Jennie. Well if Jennie knows she's talking to someone who doesn't look like she's interestd about the topic, and someone like Lisa, then she wouldn't be this enthusiastic at telling whatever story she's trying to tell. And last is Jisoo. Jisoo is... surprisingly still here. When Jennie said Jisoo will start hanging out with them Seulgi didn't think it would last long. Seulgi figured after a week Jisoo would go back to hanging out with her rich friend Chaeyoung Park.

Speaking of Chaeyoung Park, what is she doing in the cafeteria?

Everyone's eyes turned, even Seulgi, as Chaeyoung passed by in front of her. The noisy cafeteria suddenly became quiet except for the whispers and murmurs from the other tables. 'Isn't that Chaeyoung Park? The violinist?'. Seulgi finally took her spot beside Lisa while Chaeyoung was standing in front of their table. Everyone looked awkward except for Lisa who looked as if she saw a long time friend.

"You don't eat here." Jisoo acknowledged Chaeyoung's presence first. Her voice sounded quite eerie. She did not even look at Chaeyoung.

"Why are you still avoiding me?" Chaeyoung confronted. Jisoo did not answer. "I've been looking for you in the usual clubs you go to."

Jisoo laughed all of a sudden. "What kind of a classical musician are you entering night clubs and being such a disgrace?"

This comment ticked Chaeyoung she raised her hand and almost slapped Jisoo across the face. Everyone in the cafeteria gasped. Even Chaeyoung was surprised with herself.

"Do it." Jisoo taunted. "Do it like your mother did."

"I am not my mother!"

"Doesn't matter... because I loathe your entire family to my bones."

"You don't mean that--"

"Or do I?" Jisoo looked at her childhood friend. It was the coldest gaze Chaeyoung got from Jisoo. Feeling defeated, Chaeyoung retreated and left the cafeteria almost sobbing.

Lisa, despite barely understanding the exchange of words, isn't dumb enough to not understand and feel the tension in the atmosphere. As soon as Chaeyoung left, Lisa followed her, feeling conflicted.

Meanwhile Jennie just stayed quiet, deciphering what just happened. Her gaze was pinned at Jisoo, wondering what really happened three years ago.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Seulgi asked out of concern.

"Don't worry." Jisoo said. "It's best for her to stay away from me."

--

There wasn't much place else Chaeyoung could go but the theatre. She hates the place more and more each day but for this particular day, it was her only solace. Sitting far from the stage where it's the darkest, crying by herself. Until someone else came in.

"You okay?" Lisa asked right away.

"What do you think? Do I look okay?"

Lisa just tilted her head.

"You don't even understand what I'm saying so why are you trying to console me? ing annoying."

The foreign girl's face scorned, obviously not pleased with what she just heard. "Me better now, you know! I know what you say! Don't me!"

Flustered, Chaeyoung looked around the empty theatre in case someone else heard Lisa's loud voice. "Will you shut the up!?" She muttered under her breath.

"I said don't me!"

"Nobody is ing with you! Will you watch what you say? Please?"

"Please?" Lisa blinked.

"Yes." Chhaeyoung paused. "Please."

The empty theatre became quite once again. Chaeyoung waited for Lisa's reaction wondering if she understood her or not. Lisa's expression changed as one corner of her lip curved up into a smirk.

"Okay!" The Thai girl simply said. "Now you're not cry cry anymore." She added and smiled.

Realizing that, Chaeyoung did forget she was just crying. Lisa suddenly grabbed Chaeyoung by the wrist and dragged her up front. She made Chaeyoung sit down then she went up on stage. Pulling out her phone and putting it on loudspeaker, Lisa played a pop song and started dancing to it.

This time around, the audience and the performer switched places.