Chapter 52 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Hi Ms Kim! I think you really have a great morning today!" Seohyun commented. She noticed her boss has a handsome smile today upon entering the elevator, not to mention the fresh bagels she gave just now.

 

"Well! You have too! You smiled beautifully today.." Taeyeon replied walking towards her office door. Seohyun rolled her eyes.

 

"It's just because of your free bagels..." She shouted. Taeyeon stops on her door.

 

"By the way, I'm gonna out early for lunch. Just move my meeting with Mr. Lee..."

 

"Uhm are you sure Ms. Kim? Mr. Lee is a very important client....." Seohyun replied but still typing on her laptop trying to communicate with Mr. Lee.

 

"Hmmm well I know he's important especially how big his company is...but my meeting later is very more important than that Seo...." Seohyun stopped typing and looking at her right now raising her left eyebrow".... it's for my future" Taeyeon ended her speech daydreaming with a weird smile.

 

"Uhmm well hope so Ms. Kim, uhm that could be very important....but.." Seohyun checks her laptop again. "...Mr. Lee already replied Ms. Kim...."

 

"Wow that's fast...maybe he's very attentive with his phone..." Taeyeon wondered.


 

"It's fine with him if you move it after lunch cause he has a meeting too.."


 

"Well, the universe is with me...." Taeyeon entered her office laughing. Seohyun has a weird face looking at her boss's office.

 

"Geez I really need Yoona right now...."

 

==================================================


 

".....Or not" Taeyeon whispered.


 

She's currently sitting on her car seeing someone familiar entering the Hwang's building. She cancelled her meeting because of this and it seems it's hard to meet Tiffany today. Taeyeon sighed deeply.

 

"Well...I'm just gonna head directly to your office" Taeyeon quickly get her food and a single pink tulip at the back and hid it quickly at her back with her jacket. She quickly goes inside the building greeting the guards with a smile before going to the elevator. She saw the familiar person heading to the elevator so she walk slowly to avoid the person. After the person goes inside the elevator she quickly checked what floor. 

 

"Oh geez not the top...." Taeyeon whispered. She still wonders why this person is currently here right now. She really wants to text Tiffany now, but she wants to surprise her. "Well it's time to find out.." She enters the elevator.

 

Taeyeon slowly walks towards Tiffany's secretary. She looks left to right just checking the building, or more on checking where that person went.

 

"Hi! I'm Ki-"

 

"Miss Kim! It's a great pleasure to meet you!" Tiffany's secretary suddenly stands in excitement. She looks like a fan girl in front of Taeyeon. While Taeyeon just smiled sheepishly.

 

"So?? How may I help you Miss Kim?"

 

"I just want to visit your CEO..Is she not busy today?" Taeyeon directly ask.

 

"Uhm she's currently talking briefly with someone Miss Kim but usually they didn't talk for too long so is it okay for you to wait just for several minutes Miss Kim?" the secretary asked her joyfully.

 

"Uhm well I'll just wait...."

 

"Thank You Miss Kim. I really don't want you to wait..I'm really sorry Ms Kim it's really unexpected that you're here..." The secretary wondered.

 

"It's just an important matter to discuss with your CEO...but it's really okay and I-"

 

"Miss Kim they're already done!" the secretary suddenly announced when the door of Tiffany's office suddenly open. Taeyeon quickly hides on the side.

 

"Miss where's the toilet?" Taeyeon quickly asked and the secretary point towards the comfort room.

 

===================================================

 

"So why are you here?" Tiffany directly bombarded her with questions. While Taeyeon just sitting on the couch looking at Tiffany and the bouquet of flowers on the table. ".... didn't even texted me?" Taeyeon slowly walks towards Tiffany's table and handed her a box of lunch not leaving her eyes on Tiffany to answer her question. She slowly seated on the front chair.

 

"Why was John Lee just entered this office with a bouquet of flowers?" Taeyeon asked her back.

 

"Oh..." Tiffany paused for a moment then squinted her eyes. "....that's my own business Taeyeon"

 

"Hmmm so what's the deal between the clothing's line with the cars?" Taeyeon asked suspiciously again.

 

"Well as I said that's my own business deal Taeyeon....."Tiffany responded directly. "....So? why my favorite food?" Tiffany lean on her table with her elbow and lean her chin on her hand while looking Taeyeon admiringly. She really likes this new version of Taeyeon, its caring with a romantic feelings version. 

 

"Just want to buy you free lunch....I'm back as your friend as of now..." Taeyeon replied while not looking at Tiffany trying to erase the redness on her cheeks. 'Keep it cool Tae!'

 

"Thanks Tae....Should we eat?" Tiffany smiled showing her eye-smile to Taeyeon. While Taeyeon just smiled sheepishly holding her nape.

 

======÷÷==================================================

 

While the two of them eating on Tiffany's desk. Both of them felt the familiar of comfortable feeling that they shared since highschool. 

 

"So still not spilling the tea about John Lee?" Taeyeon tried to ask again. She really have a bad feeling with that man, hope so not really bad especially she'll meet him later for a deal.

 

"Okay fine...." Tiffany surrenders and clean with a tissue before continuing. Taeyeon just watch her doing her thing. ".....John is my friend and apparently he's Nichkhun's bestfriend since highschool...."

 

"What?!.." Taeyeon loudly expressed with a scrunched eyebrow. ".. you're befriending your ex-husband's bestfriend? That's really weird Ms. Hwang..." Taeyeon exaggeratedly commented. 

 

"I know what you're thinking but that's not true....I don't know if you know John in highschool but he was our schoolmate and he's the one who's been helping me Nichkhun's whereabouts..." Tiffany calmly explained.

 

"Hmm his bestfriend but not in his back...well you know him since highschool?" Taeyeon suspiciously asking questions now.

 

"Yes but not really close friends...we became friends after the wedding since he was our best man and after several years Tristan was really fond of him because of cars...you know he always have different cars..." 

 

"Hm really...." Taeyeon replied in a whisper. She holds her chin thinking about something.

 

"Just friends no feelings attached..." Tiffany clearly stated. Taeyeon looked at her blankly

 

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon asked looking back at the bouquet of pink roses.

 

"Yeah?" Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. It seems Taeyeon was acting strange since she enter here on her office.

 

"Hmmm I should go now ..." Taeyeon stands and smile sheepishly. "...I still have a meeting to attend." She quickly composed herself while Tiffany quickly stands too that causes Taeyeon to stop. Both of them locked eyes for a while in between the table.

 

"I...ah...thanks again for the lunch?" Tiffany shyly looks down. 

 

"You're welcome Ms. Hwang...I gotta go now.." Taeyeon quickly walks towards the door.

 

"Ms. Hwang? So I'm back to Ms. Hwang again?" Tiffany commented to stop Taeyeon for a while. She didn't like how Taeyeon just leaves in a short amount of time. She need more time with her.

 

"I gotta go Tiffany...." Taeyeon repeated again but she looks back and smiled at her before leaving.

 

"Hm....Tiffany huh....." Tiffany smirks.

 

============================÷============================

 

Taeyeon greeted again the secretary then she quickly get the pink tulip on her back and just put it on the secretary's desk then continues to walk towards the elevator. The secretary looks too surprised on what she received she jumps and blushed.

 

"Thank you Ms Kim!!" She shouted loudly when she still sees Taeyeon on the closing elevator. Taeyeon just waved her hands and smile. However, Tiffany heard the loud voice of her secretary outside the office.

 

"Mina? What's with the loud voice?" Tiffany asked her daydreaming secretary, holding a tulip.

 

"Uhm sorry Ms. Tiffany...I was just too exagge with the tulip that Ms. Kim gave me before she left..." She replied smilling like a fan girl.

 

"What?!" Tiffany loudly said it that causes the secretary to jump again on her seat.

 

==========≠==========≠=================================


 

"Good afternoon Ms. Kim...." Mr. Lee with his clean grey suit and cool handsome hair presented his hand for Taeyeon to shake it as a formal greeting. 


 

"Good afternoon Mr. John Lee....." Taeyeon replied blandly looking at him and shakes his hand. Mr. Lee just smiled awkwardly and seated.

 

"Finally, I met you Ms. Kim after decade.....I really want to met the best CEO of K-Tech since this company provides the best IT solutions all over South Korea. .." Mr. Lee calmly started the conversation.

 

"Yes we're the best not just on the IT industry...." Taeyeon replied but she meant it differently. She still can't forget this man earlier on her Tiffany's office. 

 

"Uhm yeah and I thought your company will be a great help on our technology. I want to upgrade something on our systems and our IT department was having hard time with it. Upgrading it's not just our purpose on extending the deal with your company we want to create again another vehicle that will blow minds to the automotive industry and I want K-Tech to be part of it...." Mr. Lee explained it professionally.

 

"Hmm well it will also be a great collab for us especially it's the first time for the company to deal with automotives.....I'm really a big fan of your works Mr. Lee especially the design of your cars...Since I was a kid my father always mention how he wish to have an opportunity to touch the automotive industry with the Lee's ..." Taeyeon reminisced the past. Honestly, she's been a big fan of Lee's but knowing this man was the CEO of that company hopefully this business between them will run smoothly without thinking Tiffany about it.


 

'Just friends no feelings attached huh Tiffany...'