Chapter 13

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 13 

 

 

Let’s give it a try 

 

 

I gasped as I felt Jiyong’s soft yet warm lips. He tilted his head and slowly kissed me, more like tasting my lips. Slow. Nibbling. It’s taunting me. To what? To kiss him back? 

 

I was about to kiss him back when Jiyong stopped. My heavy-lidded eyes went to his eyes then to his lips. It looks so soft and red. His lips were always red, to begin with. Red as a tomato. It tastes divine. 

 

I saw him slowly closing our distance again for another kiss. It’s soft, tiny kisses. Teasing me. 

 

“I hope you won’t regret this later…” He said in a hoarse voice. 

 

I opened my eyes. Damn it. His kisses were drowning me. I’ve kissed a lot of guys before but Jiyong’s kiss feels special— drowning, making me feel like I’m drunk. Addicting. I thought it was impossible to feel this way, but I was proven wrong. I’m nervous and excited at the same time. And even I know this is wrong, damn it, I am more than willing to be drowned. 

 

Why is it wrong? Morally wrong? Really? Because as far as I am concerned, other people don’t give a about morality nowadays. Physical relationships are rampant. buddies. Living together without marriage. Cheating. Adultery. Morally wrong acts seem like a norm nowadays. The society is so ed up. Well, I am ed up too. Because here I am, more than willing to give myself to him. 

 

“Ji…” I said in between our kisses. “S-Someone might see us.” 

 

Really, Sandara? 

 

He chuckled. “The car is tinted. And no one goes around here at this hour.” 

 

I don’t know what happened to me. Did I just wait for those words of confirmation? 

 

I kissed him, thoroughly. And Jiyong responded. Every flick of our tongue, every moan, sigh, he’s responding. And I feel so hot. From the inside like something is trying to escape from my body. His hands traveled down to my . Gently rubbing them. 

 

I’m wearing a thin pencil skirt and I can feel his warm hands on my skin despite the cloth. 

 

“Nice …” he commented. He lifted them a bit. 

 

Normally, I should be offended right? That’s… offensive. Like a harassment comment. But why does it sound so y? 

 

I bit my lower lip as his lips traveled down to my neck. A soft moan escaped. I don’t know who’s moan was that. I felt shy as I lowered my head. Damn it. 

 

“Why? I want to hear you moan.” He whispered in my ear. 

 

He didn’t even wait for my response as he kissed me hungrily. Different from earlier. This time, deeper and wanting. Want what? 

 

And I kissed him back. With equal passion. And hunger. But damn it. Jiyong is so good that even if I kiss him with the same intensity, I feel like it’s lacking. I am lacking. I am a good kisser they say but I feel like I lack experience because of Jiyong. 

 

“Damn it. Your lips taste so ing good…” he whispered before kissing me again. 

 

Our tongue has their mind. His hand got its mind. My mind… is somewhere. Did I leave it somewhere? Because I cannot think well. 

 

“Excuse me, Ma’am? It’s not allowed to park here.” 

 

Hearing a knock from the driver's side woke me from this dream. I saw the Village Guard standing outside. My eyes widened as I pushed Jiyong away from me. I hurriedly pulled myself together. Damn it. . 

 

“Relax…” Jiyong whispered while laughing. He even helped me with my skirt and blouse. I didn’t even notice that he ed my blouse! 

 

After managing to look ‘good’, Jiyong opened the window on his side and smiled at the Village Guard. And I pretended to be ‘sleeping’ by closing my eyes tightly. . 

 

“Sorry. I was waiting for my girlfriend to wake up.” He said. Damn it. Jiyong looked so relaxed as if we didn’t do something crazy earlier. 

 

I slightly opened my eyes and saw the Village Guard scratching his head but then nodded. Maybe he was shocked that I was ‘sleeping’ in the passenger seat. No one buys that alibi! 

 

But wait, what? Girlfriend? Me? His girlfriend? . My heart. . . . 

 

“Okay, Sir. Just park somewhere else.” 

 

Jiyong chuckled. Shyly. “Again, sorry.” 

 

Jiyong pulled the window back up when the Village Guard started to walk away. “It’s fine now.” 

 

I opened my eyes and saw him staring at me. There’s a hint of amusement. I sighed. Damn it. That was close! As I look at him, damn. His hair is disheveled. ily disheveled. That’s a giveaway! 

 

“,” I mumbled as I sighed. Did I really make out with him? Inside my car? In our ing village? 

 

“Hmm.” 

 

“I’m… .” 

 

Thinking about it now, did I really think about this? Like seriously think? The tension is making my mind clouded. I can’t think straight. I looked at Jiyong who was also looking at me. His hands were playing on his lips and he was wearing a playful grin. 

 

Oh, gosh. Great. 

 

“I-I enjoyed it.” What? Really? That’s… true though. Damn it. His kisses were phenomenal! But, really? Of all things to say! Gosh! 

 

“Hmm.”

 

Jiyong reached out for me and cupped my face. He caressed my cheeks and traced my lips with his thumb. I saw his eyes flicker. It’s as if he wants to stay here longer and be with me. The way his eyes mellowed… as if he really… likes me. 

 

We can fake our emotions, we can fake our words, our feelings, and our laughter but our eyes don’t lie. Eyes speak the truth— truer than words coming from the mouth. And Jiyong’s eyes are screaming an emotion I don’t want to name. I am afraid because I can’t reciprocate it. 

 

The tension subsided for both of us but I was still nervous. And excited at the same time. 

 

“Guess we should head home, hmm, love?” 

 

I just nod and smile. Damn it. This game is just about to start and I am sure will be the sore loser in the end. 

 

 

 

Since we don’t have class ‘till next Friday, we won’t see each other. We always text and call though. Jiyong is busy with their family's business while I am busy… thinking. Not school-related but Jiyong-related stuff. 

 

About what happened in my car. About the thing I suggested. 

 

Damn it. 

 

“What are you going to do for the vacation darling?” Mommy asked me during lunch. 

 

I looked at Mom who was busy with her laptop doing work. She’s also an associate of our firm. 

 

“Vacation at our beach house, mom. I just want some peace this time.” I commented as I munch the bacon. 

 

“No party?” 

 

“As of now, no plans.” 

 

“Good. I’ll tell my secretary.” 

 

“You going to work?” 

 

Mom nods as she closes her laptop. She must be done with her motions. Now that she’s back to work, there will be less time to be with her. 

 

“Yes, darling. The firm needs me.” 

 

I pouted while laughing. Despite being a socialite, Mom is also a good lawyer. She’s my idol so I want to be like her— socialite lawyer. 

 

“Now our bonding time will be lessened.” 

 

“I can always go home early. It’s not like I am the only lawyer in our firm.” 

 

I just giggled. After eating I went back to my bed and waited for Jiyong’s call which happened hours after I fell asleep. But it’s not like I really waited for his call. 

 

“Hello?” I said, still with eyes closed. I don’t know what time is it but my room is already dark. 

 

“Did I wake you up, love?” 

 

I felt like something in me heated up. My insides churned and I felt alive. Love. Do you even mean it? “Hmm.” 

 

“Can we video call?” 

 

“Wait.” 

 

I slightly opened my eyes and clicked the ‘video’ button. I put my phone on the side, still eyes closed. I don’t even know if my whole face is seen or just my forehead. 

 

“I’m sorry.” He said. 

 

“It’s fine…” I said sleepy. “What are you doing?” 

 

“I’m about to… eat dinner.” 

 

Upon mentioning the word ‘dinner’ I felt like my stomach grumbled. 

 

“I’m hungry,” I mumbled in my sleep. “What time is it?” 

 

“Past 6.” 

 

“Hmm.” 

 

I’m hungry yet I don’t want to open my eyes and go down to eat. I’m too sleepy to even open my eyes. 

 

“Wanna eat dinner?” 

 

“I want to but I don’t want to,” I answered. 

 

I heard him chuckle. “Whatever that means. Okay. Just… wait there.” 

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked but the phone call ended. 

 

I just shrugged and tried my best to sleep. And I did. I was sleeping peacefully when I felt a soft, warm hand caressing my cheeks. There’s a sense of gentleness, caution, and warmth in the way those hands touch my cheeks. I unconsciously held those hands to stop them from moving. It’s firm and huge, unlike mine. 

 

“Hmm?” I moaned. 

 

“Hello, my love.” 

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jiyong. Maybe I’m too sleepy since I’m seeing him this close, in my room, with a warm smile. Silly. There’s no way in hell he’ll be here. I smiled as I closed my eyes again. Maybe this is a lucid dream. A good one. More than becoming a Monarchy Princess. 

 

“You must be so tired…” I heard him say. He kissed me on my forehead. “Dream of me, my love.” 

 

The kiss felt so real I hurriedly opened my eyes. There, I realized it was not a dream. Jiyong’s scent filled my lungs. The scent I’ve been missing since we haven’t seen each other since the car incident; the scent keeps me awake at night because I want to see the person who owns this scent. 

 

“Are you for real? W-Why are you here? H-How in hell—“

 

“Your mom said it’s okay for me to get in.” He whispered. “Hello again, my love.” 

 

I pulled my blanket up covering my face, not wanting Jiyong to see me in this situation- my hair was all over my face, with no make-up, and the possibility of having dried drool made me want to disappear. Damn it. This is embarrassing. 

 

“.” I hissed unbelievably loud, earning a chuckle from him. “M-Mom said that?” 

 

“Why? Is there a problem with that?” 

 

“The problem is I am not prepared to see you.” 

 

“Hmm?” I know he’s not pouting like a devil. Playfully. 

 

“I’m in a state of… homey vibes if you know what I mean! Gosh!” 

 

It’s embarrassing for him to see me like this. Damn it. Only my siblings saw me in my PJs, messy bun, and lips with only lipgloss on. That’s… not so elegant. From a societal perspective. I am always at my “best”— in attitude and in the way I present myself. 

 

Jiyong, still his one hand on my cheeks, removed the blanket covering me with his other hand. I shrieked. 

 

“Jiyong!” I said as I rolled over. And since his other hand was still on my cheeks, he also rolled over, now him on top of me. We are very close, too intimate. 

 

! ! 

 

“You still look beautiful, my love. Even with drool—“

 

“Shut up!” I groaned as I pouted. 

 

I opened my eyes and saw the amusement on Jiyong’s face. The light from the bedside lamp is the only source of light in my room. Seeing him this close after how many days reminds me of the butterflies in my stomach. I missed this man. I missed you, Jiyong. 

 

“Still, amazingly beautiful.” He mumbled. His Adam's apple moved, up and down. His jaw tensed. He stared at my lips, then back to my eyes. 

 

“J-Ji…”

 

Damn it. This tension… needs to be tended soon. 

 

“I bought you food. Let’s eat.” He said, still not moving away from me. He his lower lip and I did the same, unconsciously. 

 

We both stared at each other’s eyes and then at each other’s lips. Breathing hitching, intense stares. 

 

“Damn it.” He said before lowering his head and giving me a light kiss. 

 

I closed my eyes as I responded. Him, nibbling my lip; me, savoring it. I feel like I’ve been starving for weeks and his kisses are the only way to satiate this hunger. He let go of me as I gasped for air only for him to slide his tongue inside! That was not a light kiss at all! 

 

“As much as I want to eat you here in your very room, I can’t. Not with your parent's presence and the possibility of your brothers hearing us.” He said as he let go of my lips and gave me, this time, a light kiss on my lips. 

 

“L-Let’s go,” I said, stuttering. Still drunk and hasn’t fully recovered from his kisses. 

 

“Let’s go.” He repeated, yet didn’t even move an inch. His body is still pressed to mine— too close for other people’s comfort. 

 

I laughed and did my best to push him away. If not, god knows what will happen here. 

 

I went to my vanity mirror and brushed my hair. I didn’t bother to change into regular clothes since I was just in the house. And Jiyong already saw me like this, I guess I don’t have to change. Whatever he might think. 

 

“What?” I asked as I saw Jiyong, who was sitting on my bed, looking at me intently from the mirror. 

 

Again, with those eyes. The eyes that look at me as if I am the only person that matters to him; as if I’m the only girl in his world. 

 

“Love…” he called. 

 

“Hmm?” I answered, not minding the fast beating of my heart after being called ‘love’ by him. Not minding the butterflies in my stomach, trying to escape. 

 

“The moment you fall for me, just tell me.” He randomly said but made me feel like I witnessed the evolution of Humans. Beyond happy. 

 

I nervously laugh as I blink my eyes. “W-What the heck…” 

 

“Seriously. We can always give it a try, love. Not as buddies. But as two people who genuinely want to work things out.” 

 

“Why the sudden—“

 

“I think… I am liking you too damn fast.” 

 

My hands were shaking as I nervously laughed. “P-Playboy moves.” 

 

“I may be a playboy but I don’t lie. If I tell you I like you, I like you.” 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I mumbled. I put down my brush and faced him. “D-Do you like me? Like, seriously?” 

 

“Yes. I like you. Let’s give it a try, will you?” 

 

Damn it. I am not yet ready to be in a relationship and yet I found myself nodding and saying, “Yes. Let’s give it a try.”